Tree @debian/0.0.10-2 (Download .tar.gz)
multi-user.rst @debian/0.0.10-2 — view markup · raw · history · blame
Multi-user support could arguably also include sharing of calendars/collections/etc. This is beyond the scope of this document, which just focuses on allowing multiple users to use their own silo in a single instance of Xandikos.
Siloed user support can be split up into three steps:
- storage - mapping a user to a principal
- authentication - letting a user log in
- authorization - checking whether the user has access to a resource
In the simplest form, a forwarding proxy provides the name of an authenticated user. E.g. Apache or uWSGI sets the REMOTE_USER environment variable. If REMOTE_USER is not present for an operation that requires authentication, a 401 error is returned.
By default, the principal for a user is simply "/%(username)s".
- Optional: Allow marking collections as principals [DONE]
- Expose username (or None, if not logged in) everywhere [DONE]
- Add function get_username_principal() for mapping username to principal path [DONE]
- Support automatic creation of principal on first login of user
- Add simple function check_path_access() for checking access ("is this user allowed to access this path?")
- Use access checking function everywhere
- Have current-user-principal setting depend on $REMOTE_USER and get_username_principal() [DONE]