Tree @master (Download .tar.gz)
Python bindings for the Subversion version control system that are aimed to be complete, fast and feel native to Python programmers.
Bindings are provided for the working copy, client, delta, remote access and repository APIs. A hookable server side implementation of the custom Subversion protocol (svn_ra) is also provided.
Differences with similar packages
subvertpy covers more of the APIs than python-svn. It provides a more "Pythonic" API than python-subversion, which wraps the Subversion C API pretty much directly. Neither provide a hookable server-side.
Subvertpy depends on Python 2.7 or 3.5, and Subversion 1.4 or later. It should work on Windows as well as most POSIX-based platforms (including Linux, BSDs and Mac OS X).
See https://subversion.apache.org/ for instructions on installing Subversion.
Standard distutils are used - use "setup.py build" to build and "setup.install" to install. On most platforms, setup will find the Python and Subversion development libraries by itself.
If using GCC it might be useful to disable the deprecation warnings when compiling to see if there are any more serious warnings:
git clone https://www.jelmer.uk/code/subvertpy/
- Simplify setup.py. Jelmer Vernooĳ 11 days ago
- Drop appveyor config in exchange for github actions. Jelmer Vernooĳ 5 months ago
- Add Mac OS X support in actions (#31) Jelmer Vernooĳ (commit: GitHub) 5 months ago
- Don't build against pypy3 yet. Jelmer Vernooĳ 5 months ago
- Fix svn download and build in github action. Jelmer Vernooĳ 5 months ago
- Add github workflow. Jelmer Vernooĳ 5 months ago
- Add credentials for subvertpy-bot. Jelmer Vernooĳ 5 months ago
- Drop instructions for old, broken and outdated Windows-specific workflow. Jelmer Vernooĳ 5 months ago
- Fix types for property values. Jelmer Vernooĳ 5 months ago
- Add pointer to upstream install instructions. Jelmer Vernooĳ 5 months ago