Tree @master (Download .tar.gz)
Python bindings for the Subversion version control system that are aimed to be complete, fast and feel native to Python programmers.
Bindings are provided for the working copy, client, delta, remote access and repository APIs. A hookable server side implementation of the custom Subversion protocol (svn_ra) is also provided.
Differences with similar packages
subvertpy covers more of the APIs than python-svn. It provides a more "Pythonic" API than python-subversion, which wraps the Subversion C API pretty much directly. Neither provide a hookable server-side.
Subvertpy depends on Python 2.7 or 3.5, and Subversion 1.4 or later. It should work on Windows as well as most POSIX-based platforms (including Linux, BSDs and Mac OS X).
Standard distutils are used - use "setup.py build" to build and "setup.install" to install. On most platforms, setup will find the Python and Subversion development libraries by itself. On Windows you may have to set various environment variables, see the next section for details.
Build instructions for Windows
- Install the SVN dev kit ZIP for Windows from http://sourceforge.net/projects/win32svn/files/ E.g. svn-win32-1.4.6_dev.zip
- Find the SVN binary ZIP file with the binaries for your dev kit. E.g. svn-win32-1.4.6.zip Unzip this in the same directory as the dev kit - README.txt will be overwritten, but that is all. This is the default location the .ZIP file will suggest (ie, the directory embedded in both .zip files are the same)
- Set SVN_DEV to point at this directory.
- Install BDB. For Subversion 1.7.0 and later: http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/database/berkeleydb/downloads/index-082944.html download Berkeley DB 4.8.30.msi Windows installer and install it. For Subversion 1.6.17 and earlier: http://subversion.tigris.org/servlets/ProjectDocumentList?folderID=688 download "db-4.4.20-win32.zip" or earlier version of BDB and extract it.
- Set SVN_BDB to the installed directory or extracted directory.
- Install SVN libintl. http://subversion.tigris.org/servlets/ProjectDocumentList?folderID=2627 Download svn-win32-libintl.zip. extract it to the directory that you want.
- Set SVN_LIBINTL to the extract dir.
If using GCC it might be useful to disable the deprecation warnings when compiling to see if there are any more serious warnings:
git clone https://www.jelmer.uk/code/subvertpy/
- Use right exception. Jelmer Vernooĳ 10 months ago
- Exclude subversion from flakes. Jelmer Vernooĳ 10 months ago
- Only check subvertpy. Jelmer Vernooĳ 10 months ago
- Extend long description, update download URL. Jelmer Vernooĳ 10 months ago
- Move flake8 configuration to setup.cfg. Jelmer Vernooĳ 10 months ago
- Support context manager pattern on test commit editor. Jelmer Vernooĳ 1 year, 3 months ago
- Accept unicode arguments to is_adm_dir. Jelmer Vernooĳ 1 year, 3 months ago
- Accept unicode URLs in copyfrom arguments. Jelmer Vernooĳ 1 year, 3 months ago
- Don't override error message set by PyBytes_AsStringAndSize. Jelmer Vernooĳ 1 year, 3 months ago
- Add get_session_url. Jelmer Vernooĳ 1 year, 3 months ago