Tree @debian/newton (Download .tar.gz)
testtools is a set of extensions to the Python standard library's unit testing framework.
These extensions have been derived from years of experience with unit testing in Python and come from many different sources.
If you would like to learn more about testtools, consult our documentation in the 'doc/' directory. You might like to start at 'doc/overview.rst' or 'doc/for-test-authors.rst'.
This project is distributed under the MIT license and copyright is owned by Jonathan M. Lange and the testtools authors. See LICENSE for details.
Some code in 'testtools/run.py' is taken from Python's unittest module, and is copyright Steve Purcell and the Python Software Foundation, it is distributed under the same license as Python, see LICENSE for details.
- Python 2.6+ or 3.0+ / pypy (2.x+)
If you would like to use testtools for earlier Python's, please use testtools 0.9.15.
- extras (helpers that we intend to push into Python itself in the near future).
- The most recent unittest2 (backports of the latest unittest API from cPython, which we use to avoid code duplication).
If you would like to use our undocumented, unsupported Twisted support, then you will need Twisted.
If you want to use fixtures then you can either install fixtures (e.g. from https://launchpad.net/python-fixtures or http://pypi.python.org/pypi/fixtures) or alternatively just make sure your fixture objects obey the same protocol.
Bug reports and patches
Please report bugs using Launchpad at <https://bugs.launchpad.net/testtools>. Patches should be submitted as Github pull requests, or mailed to the authors. See doc/hacking.rst for more details.
There's no mailing list for this project yet, however the testing-in-python mailing list may be a useful resource:
testtools used to be called 'pyunit3k'. The name was changed to avoid conflating the library with the Python 3.0 release (commonly referred to as 'py3k').
- Canonical Ltd
- Twisted Matrix Labs
- Robert Collins
- Andrew Bennetts
- Benjamin Peterson
- Jamu Kakar
- James Westby
- Martin [gz]
- Michael Hudson-Doyle
- Aaron Bentley
- Christian Kampka
- Gavin Panella
- Martin Pool
git clone https://www.jelmer.uk/code/python-testtools/
- releasing package python-testtools version 1.8.0-6 Jelmer Vernooĳ 3 years ago
- debian/tests/control: Set allow-stderr restriction for testsuite- py3, since python3 prints a warning to stderr. Jelmer Vernooĳ 3 years ago
- Unicodify my surname. Jelmer Vernooĳ 3 years ago
- Fix broken import from twisted.trial.unittest Free Ekanayaka 3 years ago
- Bumped debhelper compat version to 10 Ondřej Nový 3 years ago
- Uploading to unstable Thomas Goirand 4 years ago
- Mass changes Ondřej Nový 4 years ago
- Added a .gitreview file Thomas Goirand 4 years ago
- Fixed debian/gbp.conf to use debian/newton as packaging branch. Thomas Goirand 4 years ago
- d/rules: Changed UPSTREAM_GIT protocol to https Ondřej Nový 4 years ago